Santa flies into Truckee
December 31, 2009
On a stormy December Saturday, the clouds parted to allow Santa to fly in on Flying Doctor pilot Rob Lober’s small plane, landing to the delight of more than 300 parents and children at the Truckee Tahoe airort. The annual event is sponsored by First 5 Nevada County with the collaboration and support of many community partners, especially Tahoe Truckee Airport board and staff.
Thanks to our amazing community, on the morning of Dec 12, Santa Claus, was able to fly in during a short break in a 3-day storm to bring joy to over 300 devoted fans. It was truly a holiday miracle,when the skies above the Truckee Tahoe Airport cleared and Santa appeared in his little plane for his 7th annual holiday visit.
Thanks to everyone who made this possible: the parents, who in spite of the stormy morning, brought their kids to share a memorable and totally-Truckee adventure: The Truckee Tahoe Airport Board for hosting this event; Phred Stoner and the Airport crew who took care of all the logisitics, cleared the runways and set the stage; Kay Albitz and the Chevron Corp. who provided decorations for the terminal; Rob Lober, Santa’s pilot and member of our local Flying Doctors, who braved the elements to once again fly Santa in; Amy Burke and her crew from the
Runway Cafe who prepared hot cocoa and yummy treats for the crowd; the Treat Box Bakery for holiday cookies; the Family Resource Center of Truckee for on-the-ground support; Gerald Herrick and his wife Peggy for their warm portrayal of you-know-who and his elf; Dwight and Pam McCarthy for wardrobe support; the Truckee Ranger District for Smokey gift bags, into which holiday goodies were placed for each child, including children’s literature courtesy of First Five Nevada County.
Trending In: Opinion
- William Mardison: Police officers’ association announces Truckee council endorsements
- Amy Berry: Prop 3 critical to California’s water supply
- Don Rogers: Careful what you call crisis
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- Perry Norris: Proposition 3 will help water supply, fire prevention in the Sierra Nevada
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Two arrested at Truckee Rite Aid on burglary, drug charges
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Now boarding: 5 candidates vie for Truckee Tahoe Airport Board (VIDEO)