Sierra Sun election letters policy
May 27, 2014
In addition to the Sierra Sun's standard policy for editorial-page submissions, the Sun has the following guidelines for election-related letters.
The opinion pages are a forum for comments on candidates and political issues. However, the Sun will not publish personal attacks and reserves the right to limit the number of rebuttals.
If a letter is written as part of a campaign, the affiliation must be clearly stated. Political letters for the June 3 primary election will not be printed after the Wednesday, May 28, print edition of the Sierra Sun — including online at http://www.tahoedailytribune.com — unless deemed necessary for a reply to a previous issue.
Questions about this policy may be emailed to Editor Kevin MacMillan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Opinion
- Two dead, one critically injured in Truckee airplane crash
- Carson City woman admits to fatal DUI at Lake Tahoe
- UPDATE: A second passenger dead, 1 in critical condition due to plane crash this morning (VIDEO)
- Ferguson Fire in Yosemite filling Lake Tahoe Basin with smoke
- Nevada County prosecutor: Victim’s blood found on Joseph Ward’s boots