Sierra Sun election letters policy
May 27, 2014
In addition to the Sierra Sun's standard policy for editorial-page submissions, the Sun has the following guidelines for election-related letters.
The opinion pages are a forum for comments on candidates and political issues. However, the Sun will not publish personal attacks and reserves the right to limit the number of rebuttals.
If a letter is written as part of a campaign, the affiliation must be clearly stated. Political letters for the June 3 primary election will not be printed after the Wednesday, May 28, print edition of the Sierra Sun — including online at http://www.tahoedailytribune.com — unless deemed necessary for a reply to a previous issue.
Questions about this policy may be emailed to Editor Kevin MacMillan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Opinion
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show
- North Tahoe’s Mercogliano finishes prolific career as league MVP