SnowFest! a truly colorful event
March 22, 2012
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. and#8212; SnowFest! brings an almost Mardi Gras atmosphere to North Lake Tahoe the first week of March, with parades, a Queen coronation, contests, parties, a polar bear plunge and more. This year, the Sierra Sun sponsored a coloring contest in the special SnowFest! publication, with most entries dropped off at the Tahoe City office in the Cobblestone Center.
Children ages 3 to 12-years-old put crayon to paper, transforming a black and white winged dragon perched upon a castle into a delightful menagerie of images.
A panel of judges from the Sierra Sun and North Lake Tahoe Bonanza newspapers, with much appreciation for the budding artists’ work, decided on a winner for two categories: ages 3-6 and ages 7-12.
Chloe, age 5, won first place for ages 3-6 and Monnika Mattson, age 7, first place for ages 7-12. Both winners will receive a gift certificate for Geared for Games in the Boatworks Mall, Tahoe City.
The Sun thanks all participants and congratulates the talented winners.
Trending In: Opinion
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- West End Coffee and Tap plans moving forward in Truckee
- Sun Snapshots: Northstar ice rink covered in snow
- Packing a punch: Sierra snowpack gets big boost from season’s biggest storm (so far)