Social Scene: Highlights of 2009 North Tahoe-Truckee
December 30, 2009
Olympic Heritage Dinner at PlumpJack Squaw Valley
The Who’s Who of local skiing Olympians and Squaw Valley turn out for and#8220;Raising of the Ringsand#8221; weekend to commemorate our area’s Olympic heritage.
Black Tie and Tails Humane Society of Truckee-Tahoe event
The Resort at Squaw Creek goes to the dogs as guests glam it up and bring their dogs as their dates on Valentines Day to raise money for the Humane Society.
San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom as keynote speaker
Three hundred women gather at the Queen of Hearts luncheon to hear the charismatic Newsom speak, to raise local philanthropic awareness, and to lunch at the Resort at Squaw Creek.
Recommended Stories For You
Squaw Valley Season Pass Holder Appreciation Spring Party
Nearly 1,000 skiers and riders party on at the island/tiki themed bash at 8200 feet and#8212; compliments of Squaw Valley and#8212; with free drinks, food, T’s, and prizes, and not a cloud in sight.
Magical evening at Vikingsholm benefits the State Parks Foundation
A rare invitation only reception at this extraordinary setting in Emerald Bay highlights a new exhibit and the world premier of Vikingsholm film.
Beatle-mania takes over LTMF Gala
Music festival’s Beatles-themed lakeside gala has guests dressed in 60s and 70s attire while dancing to Beatles classics.
Cadillac Ball switches gears to summertime setting
Truckee Rotary’s and#8220;House of Bluesand#8221; summer soiree defies the down economy raising big bucks for this popular philanthropic organization.
Autumn Food and Wine kicks it up a notch at Northstar’s Village
The big enchilada of the weekend’s events, The Grand Tasting and Culinary Competition, spreads out over the Village at Northstar encouraging milling and munching, sipping and shopping, an art show, and of course, people watching.
Wine, Walk and Shop takes Truckee by storm
Annual event funnels over a thousand visitors to historic downtown Truckee for wine tasting, shopping, and socializing.
and#8220;Three Cups of Teaand#8221; Author Greg Mortenson event puts Squaw Valley Institute on the map
Humanitarian Mortenson sells out two SVI speaking engagements thrilling 1,300 devotees who trekked to the Hyatt Regency in Incline Village to hear him speak.
The Ritz-Carlton Highlands, Lake Tahoe Grand Opening in Northstar
The unwrapping of The Ritz-Carlton’s gift to North Tahoe and Truckee is a hotel warming party showcasing the area’s only five star base camp.
and#8212; Vicki Kahn may be reached at email@example.com
Trending In: Opinion
- William Mardison: Police officers’ association announces Truckee council endorsements
- Amy Berry: Prop 3 critical to California’s water supply
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- Don Rogers: Careful what you call crisis
- Perry Norris: Proposition 3 will help water supply, fire prevention in the Sierra Nevada
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Two arrested at Truckee Rite Aid on burglary, drug charges
- Now boarding: 5 candidates vie for Truckee Tahoe Airport Board (VIDEO)