Spooner Lake State Park announces August events
August 10, 2012
SPOONER LAKE and#8212; Spooner will host two events in the month of August.
Aug. 11, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Water History of the Comstock. Former Backcountry Ranger Cheryl Surface will lead an informative bus tour of the backcountry. Cheryl brings history alive with first-person accounts and stories about Red House, Hobart Reservoir, Marlette Lake, the Flume trail and the Marlette Water System. Bring lunch, water, a light jacket and your camera. Comfortable shoes are best, because there will be limited walking. Adults only and space is limited to 12 people, so call 775-749-5980 for reservations.
Aug. 18, 8-10 p.m., Spooner Lake Stargazing. Summer stargazing is spectacular under the dark, clear skies of Spooner Lake. Enjoy a laser-guided tour of starry wonders with professional stargazer Gigi Giles. Delight in a unique and educational experience as you peer through high-powered telescopes and astronomical binoculars in the clear mountain air at an elevation of 7,000 feet. Wear comfortable shoes and bring a light jacket and flashlight. Meet at the Spooner Lake Park at the intersection of State Route 28 and U.S. 50 at Lake Tahoe. The event is open to the public, but no pets please.
Trending In: Opinion
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Truckee-based FiftyFifty to open 9,000 sq. ft. brewery in Reno Public Market in 2020
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall