Student of the Week: Marissa Kamenetsky
October 29, 2006
I like to write stories about make believe. My favorite one was the Halloween story I just wrote. This girl moves to a new house and there is a dark figure, and she somehow has to kill it. It was the longest one I ever wrote because it was eight pages.
Mrs. Dewald is my teacher. She is a very nice teacher. She makes people understand. Sometimes I don’t understand language arts and she tells me the directions and what you have to do.
I’m kind. I do things to help people understand things, and when I am finished with my work, I sit down and read at my desk.
I don’t know. Maybe a vet because I like animals. I have a cat, and a dog, and we had two fish but one died, so now we have one invincible fish.
The Sun’s Christine Stanley did this week’s “Teacher of the Week” and “Student of the Week” interviews. Please check out next Monday’s issue for more.
Trending In: Opinion
- Rolf Godon: Jessica Morse right choice to represent California’s 4th District
- Kevin Drake: Vote Mourelatos for North Tahoe PUD
- John Merryfield: A more compassionate world begins with you
- Steve Batie: Calling all compassionate, thoughtful and patriotic Republicans
- Why should we care about America’s homeless problem?