‘Tahoe Impressions’ to have opening reception at Soule Domain
August 15, 2012
TAHOE – Join local award-winning artist Eva S. Nichols for the opening reception of her new exhibit “Tahoe Impressions” at Soule Domain Restaurant on 9983 Cove St. in Brockway, Wednesday, Aug. 22, 4:30-6 p.m.
The exhibit at Soule Domain is featuring Eva’s colorful watercolor paintings inspired by the Tahoe area and will be on display through October 2012.
Eva is an award-winning watercolor artist born in Denmark. She moved to California in 1988 where she lived on the Monterey Peninsula for 20 years before relocating to Truckee in 2010.
Nature is her main subject, and Eva is best described as an “impressionist colorist.” She uses both traditional and unconventional methods of applying paint on paper to achieve the desired effect and mood she wants to capture. In this latest exhibit at Soule Domain Restaurant, Eva strives to convey the many moods and feelings the beautiful nature of the Tahoe area evokes with her color choices and compositions, not necessarily to match exactly what she sees, but colored by what she feels.
For information, call 530-546-7529 or visit http://www.souledomain.com.
Trending In: Opinion
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- Sun Snapshots: Northstar ice rink covered in snow
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- West End Coffee and Tap plans moving forward in Truckee
- Law Review: Supreme Court ruling on eviction after foreclosure