Tap dancing from the pros
November 27, 2002
One group of Truckee High students got a dance lesson from the top dogs in tap dancing last week.
Members of the TAP Dogs made a special appearance at the TTHS auditorium last Friday, Nov. 22, to help students prepare for their roles in this year’s spring musical production, “Crazy for You.”
The Tony Award winning musical features a score by George and Ira Gershwin including favorites like “I’ve Got Rhythm,” “Someone to Watch Over Me” and “They Can’t Take that Away from Me.”
Peggy Boelk once again directs the show, with the assistance of Elizabeth Archer as choreographer and Jeri Collins as vocal director. Because this production features a lot of tap dancing, Lois Moore joins the team as Tap coach.
Performances will be held the first three weekends in May. All performances begin at 7 p.m. in the TTHS auditorium, except May 4, which will be a special matinee performance at 2 p.m.
There will be reserved seating again this year. Tickets are $12 for adults and $8 for students, and will go on sale at the beginning of April at Four Seasons Flowers and Gifts and the TTHS library. For more information, call 582-2607.
Trending In: Opinion
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show
- Truckee receives Caltrans award for Mousehole project
- Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Resort celebrates season opener with new triple chairlift (VIDEO)