Truckee police reports
August 31, 2006
The following police reports are collected from Truckee Police Department and Nevada County Sheriff’s Office reports from Aug. 24 to Aug. 30.
– At 7 p.m. at Truckee River Regional Park an unknown suspect vandalized the skate park with a variety of graffiti in and around the facility. Another victim of similar graffiti was discovered while investigating a traffic accident on Brockway Road.
– At 7 p.m. two juveniles were contacted during a concert at Truckee River Regional Park. One juvenile fled on foot, and the other was placed under arrest on suspicion of possession of marijuana and alcohol and violating his probation. The other juvenile was later identified.
– At 8:40 p.m. at Truckee River Regional Park a subject was seen staggering near the volleyball court. The subject took off on foot and attempted to strike an officer before being taken into custody. The officer and subject sustained minor injuries from the scuffle. The subject was booked into the Truckee jail on suspicion of public drunkenness, resisting arrest, and assault on a police officer.
Recommended Stories For You
– At 11 a.m. on East Jibboom Street an unknown suspect took a victim’s vehicle, which also contained the victim’s dog without permission or consent.
– At 11:05 a.m. on Brockway Road west of Martis Valley Road the driver of a vehicle failed to negotiate a traffic pattern in a construction zone, nearly striking a person directing traffic. The “stop/slow” sign held by the flagger struck the hood of the vehicle, causing minor damage. The flagger was not injured.
– At 11:20 p.m. on Northwoods Boulevard an officer was dispatched to a suspicious vehicle following another vehicle. The suspicious driver was located in the 17000 block of Northwoods Boulevard and cited on suspicion of vehicle code violations. During the investigation, officers said the driver lied about his name and a felony warrant was located for the driver’s correct name. The driver was arrested on suspicion of the warrant and false identification to a peace officer.
– At 2:45 p.m. on Donner Pass Road a hit-and-run collision occurred in a parking lot. The suspect’s vehicle was observed leaving the area after the collision and a license plate was obtained.
– At 9 p.m. on Glenshire Drive west of Berkshire Circle unknown suspects vandalized two parked vehicles for sale, with estimated damage exceeding $800.
– At 11:20 p.m. on Highway 80 at Hirschdale Road a subject was stopped for a vehicle code violation and was determined to be driving without a driver’s license. The driver was cited and released to a passenger with a valid driver’s license.
– At 1 a.m. on Rue Hilltop an unknown suspect entered an occupied apartment and took several items totaling $1,055. There were no signs of forced entry.
– At 2:15 a.m. on Brockway Road at Palisades Drive a subject was seen staggering down the roadway and was determined to be under the influence of alcohol and unable to care for his safety. The subject was arrested and booked into Truckee jail on suspicion of being under the influence of alcohol.
– At 5:30 p.m. on Donner Pass Road at the public pier two females reported being thrown into Donner Lake by two unknown juveniles. Upon investigation, the two juveniles were identified and released to their parents with juvenile citations.
– At 10:50 p.m. on Highway 80 an officer responded to a report of an eastbound train dragging power lines. Officers arrived to discover the five power poles inoperative, which had been cut down and sections of the copper wire were gone. The unknown suspect left several items.
– At 1 a.m. on Donner Pass Road at Lake Avenue a subject was stopped for weaving and driving too slow and the driver was arrested and booked on suspicion of driving under the influence at the Truckee jail.
– At 6 a.m. in Glenshire on Lancaster Place a report was filed when the reporting party told police his ex-wife is routinely entering his residence without permission. A citizen’s arrest form was signed and the suspect was contacted via telephone for a statement. She lives in Nevada. The case was referred to the district attorney for further action.
– At 8 a.m. a suspect reported he had been robbed at gunpoint and then admitted he had made the story up. The suspect was arrested, cited and released at the scene for making a false police report.
– At 7:20 p.m. on Donner Pass Road a report of a subject trespassing on the eastbound freight train. The subject was removed from train and arrested on suspicion of trespassing.
– At 7:20 p.m. on Martis Valley Road a report of suspected child abuse involving the former tenant. The tenant has since moved out of state with his children and a report was forwarded to Child Protective Services.
– At 9:50 p.m. on Donner Pass Road at Moraine Drive a vehicle was stopped for speeding and the driver was discovered to have been previously listed as a missing person and the entry was notified.
– At 1:45 a.m. at the downtown Union 76 gas station a subject was located lying on the ground on the side of the gas station on Donner Pass Road and Brockway Road. The suspect was arrested on suspicion of being under the influence of alcohol.