Truckee police reports
October 12, 2006
The following police reports are collected from Truckee Police Department and Nevada County Sheriff’s Office logs from Oct. 4 to Oct. 11.
– At 9:50 a.m. on Deerfield Drive there was a single-vehicle non-injury accident that occurred on private property.
– At 11:13 a.m. on Donner Pass Road a suspect was placed under arrest for an outstanding misdemeanor warrant.
– At 9:30 a.m. on Donner Pass Road a student at Tahoe Truckee High School was reportedly found to be in possession of chewing tobacco. The student was cited and released.
– At 4:20 p.m. on Donner Pass Road a non-student entered Tahoe Truckee High School with a large knife. The suspect had been previously advised not to be on campus and was contacted by police in the school’s parking lot at the request of school staff.
Recommended Stories For You
– At 5:20 a.m. on Brockway Road at Martis Valley Drive a vehicle was stopped for code violations. The driver was found to be without a license and was cited for the infraction.
– At 6:30 a.m. on Brockway Road an unknown suspect entered several vehicles and removed the stereos and other valuable items.
– At 12:20 p.m. on Highway 89 south a vehicle was stopped for speeding. The driver was cited for driving without a license and the vehicle was impounded for 30 days.
– At 4:30 p.m. on Donner Pass Road there was a two-vehicle rear-end collision.
– At 1a.m. on River Street there was a non-injury hit-and-run vehicle accident.
– At noon on Estates Drive a person reported that over the past several days someone has been smearing feces on the windshield of a car and also keyed the car.
– At 5:17 p.m. on Donner Pass Road a driver was stopped for a seat belt violation. The driver was found to be younger than 21 and in possession of alcohol. A digital scale was also found with marijuana residue on it, according to police. The driver was given a notice to appear and was released.
– At 6:55 p.m. on Pine Cone Road officers were dispatched to a possible drunk driver. The driver was pulled over by another driver and was placed under citizen’s arrest.
–At 12:15 p.m. on Donner Pass Road officers responded to the Factory Outlet Stores to investigate counterfeit money. Four counterfeit $100 bills had been passed between two stores and descriptions of the suspects were given to police officers.
– At 6:50 p.m. on Bennett Flat Road a driver was arrested on suspicion of drunk driving and child endangerment.
– At 9 a.m. on Donner Pass Road at Donner Trail a driver was stopped for suspected drunken driving. Investigation revealed that the driver was in possession of stolen property from Union Pacific Railroad, according to police. Further investigation revealed that the suspect allegedly broke into a utility trailer and a Truckee Police Department storage locker at Donner State Park. The suspected theft is still under investigation.
– At noon on Glenshire Drive there was a single-vehicle accident.
– At 6 p.m. ojn Spring Street at Jibboom Street there was a two-vehicle property-damage only collision.
– At 12:35 p.m. on Pioneer Trail there was a report of a possible coroner’s case at a local mobile home park. First units on scene made entry into the residence and located the deceased victim. The case was turned over to the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office Coroner.
– At 5:40 p.m. on Donner Pass Road at Highway 89 north a vehicle was stopped for code violations and the driver was cited on suspicion of being unlicensed.
– At 11:30 a.m. on Donner Pass Road a subject was reported to be chasing a car on foot. The subject was contacted and determined to be under the influence of alcohol. The subject was arrested on suspicion of being drunk in public.
Trending In: Opinion
- UPDATE: Body found in Truckee River near Hwy 267 bypass bridge
- Truckee-Tahoe resort community to add 16 new luxury homes in Old Greenwood
- A longer Legacy: Truckee council looks to expand trail
- Street repaving to begin in coming weeks
- VIDEO: Alpine coaster debuts at Tahoe’s Heavenly summer adventure park