Truckee police reports
October 19, 2006
The following police reports are collected from Truckee Police Department and Nevada County Sheriff’s Office logs from Oct. 11 to Oct. 17.
– At 3:40 p.m. on Donner Pass Road at Coachland there was a report taken for a two-vehicle, non-injury collision.
– At 5:30 p.m. on Highway 89 south a suspect was arrested on suspicion of an outstanding felony warrant.
– At 11:45 p.m. on Highway 89 north California Highway Patrol reported a vehicle failed to yield on Highway 267 at Northstar-at-Tahoe. Truckee police assisted with the pursuit northbound on Highway 89 north into Sierra County. The alleged suspect was apprehended by CHP in Sierraville and was booked at the Sierra County Jail in Downieville.
Recommended Stories For You
– At 9 a.m. on Donner Pass Road an unknown suspect stole a hitch trailer from a victim’s vehicle. There is no information about the suspect.
– At 6 p.m. on Royal Way in Glenshire police responded to a 911 call concerning a domestic violence dispute between a husband and wife with children present. There were no signs of physical violence on either the husband or wife and a report was taken.
– At 12 a.m. there was a 911 call from a person reporting an intoxicated male was in the bus depot area. The subject was contacted and found to be too intoxicated to care for himself. The subject was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct and public drunkenness and taken into the Truckee jail without further incident.
– At 12:50 a.m. on Donner Pass Road a vehicle was stopped after an officer observed the vehicle failed to stop at a crosswalk. The driver was found to have two out-of-county warrants and was cited and released with a notice to appear in court.
– At 1 p.m. on Donner Pass Road a subject reported a Truckee business owner handled the subject inappropriately. A report of the incident was taken.
– At 9:45 p.m. on Donner Pass Road a vehicle was stopped on suspicion of the driver was driving under the influence of alcohol. The vehicle hit a parked car while pulling into the driveway. The driver was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and a traffic collision report was taken.
– At 10:20 p.m. on Donner Pass Road there was a report of several subjects shoplifting bottles of alcohol from the store shelves. A traffic stop revealed the subjects had no alcohol in the vehicle. The subjects admitted taking a bottle of alcohol from the shelf, but then changed their minds and left the bottle at another location in the store. The alcohol was found in a trash can inside the store where the subjects had indicated and a report was taken.
– At 12:40 a.m. on Highway 267 at Brockway Road an officer stopped a vehicle for speeding. The driver was arrested on suspicion of an out-of-county felony warrant.
– At 2:30 a.m. on Donner Pass Road a subject reported he was assaulted by about four males while walking to his vehicle in the downtown area and a report was taken.
– At 7:15 a.m. on Donner Pass Road there was a report of a subject being detained by a local market for allegedly shoplifting from the store. A signed citizen’s arrest was obtained and the subject was taken into custody.
– At 11:30 a.m. on Donner Pass Road a high school student reported his iPod was stolen during class. The iPod was anonymously returned the next day when it was announced a criminal investigation would be conducted if the item was not returned.
– At 3:35 p.m. on Donner Pass Road west of Highway 89 south there was a two vehicle non-injury collision and a report was taken for insurance purposes.
– At 4:40 p.m. on Alder Drive a suspect was arrested for alleged assault that caused minor injuries.
– At 5:15 p.m. on Donner Pass Road officers responded to a report of a driver allegedly under the influence of alcohol after hitting a curb and building. The driver was identified as the vehicle was backing out of a parking space. The driver was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving. There was no evidence of a traffic collision.
– At 7:50 p.m. on Alder Drive there was a report from a subject stating his friend had been stabbed with a pair of scissors at the residence. When officers arrived at the scene the subject said the call had been a misunderstanding and no crime had taken place.
– At 7:20 a.m. on Zermatt Drive in Tahoe Donner there was a report of a single-vehicle, non-injury collision and a report was taken.
– At 8 a.m. on Donner Pass Road a wife reported her husband was missing. The husband was located at Beale Air Force Base receiving treatment for back pain from an unrelated incident.
– At 10:45 p.m. on Brockway Road officers responded to a residence for a report of a father having an argument with his son. The son was on juvenile probation and allegedly under the influence of alcohol. The son was arrested on suspicion of being under the influence of alcohol and was taken to juvenile hall.
Trending In: Opinion
- Churchill County defeats Truckee for 3A state championship (GALLERY)
- Council approval moves Grocery Outlet project forward in Truckee
- Work to be done: Nevada County economic model is unsustainable
- Truckee Town Council race too tight to call
- Truckee Town Council moves forward with McIver Dairy restoration