Truckee Police reports
January 4, 2007
– At 8 a.m. on Lausanne Way an unknown suspect threw a snowball at a snowplow driver and hit him in the shoulder.
– At 12:45 p.m. on Donner Pass Road at Northwoods Boulevard there was a non-injury traffic accident.
– At 1:35 p.m. on Martis Valley Road there was a non-injury vehicle accident.
– At 3:45 p.m. on River Loop a woman called to report numerous people inside her daughter’s bedroom. Police arrested one adult and one juvenile on various charges.
– At 2:20 a.m. on Donner Pass Road two people were in a fight and one was arrested on suspicion of public drunkenness.
– At 9:55 p.m. on Brockway Road at Reynold Way an ambulance was involved in a non-injury two-vehicle collision.
Recommended Stories For You
– At 2 a.m. on Swiss Lane people were firing off fireworks in a neighborhood and a citation was issued to the responsible party.
– At 12:50 a.m. on Commercial Row police contacted a man for having an open container of alcohol. The man was arrested on suspicion of public drunkenness and was found to be a registered sex offender.
– At 1:45 a.m. outside the Squaw Valley cable car building, Placer County sheriff’s deputies requested assistance from Truckee police, the CHP and El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office to assist with a large crowd. Placer County made numerous arrests for public intoxication, resisting arrest and assaulting police officers.
– At noon on Alder Drive officers received a report of a single-vehicle accident. The vehicle was found running on the roadside but the interior had been stripped and pieces of the body were missing. The vehicle was found to have been stolen out of Reno, and the owner was contacted.
– At 1:15 p.m. on Hillside Drive a 3-year-old was walking in the street unattended. Citizens called the police when the child reported that she didn’t know where she lived. Officers located the child’s residence and reunited her with her mother and baby-sitter.
– At 8:30 a.m. on Olympic Boulevard a resident reported an unknown suspect had entered their home through an unlocked back door. Jewelry and cash were taken from two upstairs bedrooms. Nothing else in the residence was disturbed.
– At 5:15 p.m. on Palisades Drive two brothers were involved in a verbal argument and one of the men waved a knife at the other. The aggressor was found to have an outstanding misdemeanor warrant out of Sierra County and he was cited and released with a new court date.
Trending In: Opinion
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Northstar California General Manager Nadia Guerriero on the move
- Truckee police arrest woman on assault, child cruelty charges