Truckee Rodeo to ride into town
August 16, 2012
TRUCKEE, Calif. and#8212; Truckee Rodeo kicks off this year with California Cowboy Professional Rodeo Association contestants on Aug. 25 and 26. On Saturday, gates open at 3 p.m., rodeo starts at 5 p.m. Sunday, the Rodeo action is at 1 p.m.
A sponsor appreciation dinner and Team Sorting will be on Friday, Aug. 24, gates open at 2 p.m. with sorting at 5 p.m. Dinner is served by Smokeyand#8217;s Kitchen for $20. For those wishing to enter as a team for Open Sorting the cost is $60.
Piping Rock will provide livestock for the sorting. Come out and dine with the rodeo sponsors and other rodeo personalities.
Kidand#8217;s Day is Friday from 11a.m.-1 p.m. Admission is free to everyone that day. Tickets for remianing days are $15 at the gate. Presale tickets are $12.
Kids 6 and under are free. B-Deck VIP tickets will be available at the gate for $40. The Truckee-Pro Rodeo will be held at its original location, Truckeeand#8217;s McIver Arena located next to the Truckee River Regional Park. Visit http://www.truckeerodeo.org.
Trending In: Opinion
- William Mardison: Police officers’ association announces Truckee council endorsements
- Amy Berry: Prop 3 critical to California’s water supply
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- Don Rogers: Careful what you call crisis
- Perry Norris: Proposition 3 will help water supply, fire prevention in the Sierra Nevada
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Two arrested at Truckee Rite Aid on burglary, drug charges
- Now boarding: 5 candidates vie for Truckee Tahoe Airport Board (VIDEO)