Truckee Tahoe community announcements
June 1, 2009
Truckee Day Neighborhood Street Cleanup and Town Wide Block Party, Saturday, June 6. Clean up to begin at 8 a.m. Block Party at Truckee Regional Park from noon to 2:30 p.m. Free T-shirts and BBQ for event participants. To locate your check -in station and learn more about this great community pride event visit http://www.truckeeday.org.
The Village at Squaw Valley is hosting a joint chamber mixer with the North Lake Tahoe Chamber of Commerce and the Truckee Donner Chamber of Commerce this Thursday, June 4, 5 to 7 p.m. in Olympic Valley.
Attendees can mix and mingle, while enjoying complimentary beer from Lake Tahoe Brewing Company and a selection of wines from Uncorked, the village’s wine bar, as well as appetizers from participating village restaurants. Matt Reardon, Drew Campbell and friends are providing the live music, and a raffle for village prizes will also be offered. This event is free and open to both chamber members and non-members.
For more information about the mixer, call Kym Fabel, North Lake Tahoe Chamber of Commerce manager, at 581-8764 or email@example.com.
The Tahoe Maritime Museum is offering volunteer and docent training with a reunion June 6 on the West Shore of Lake Tahoe. Training for new docents begins at 9 a.m. At 10:30 a.m., a reunion is planned, with a sign-up for summer volunteer opportunities. Please R.S.V.P. to 525-9253 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Through the State of California’s, Community Services Block Grant (CSBG), Nevada County’s Community Development Agency (CDA) is accepting, “Request for Funding” applications, from non-profit agencies interested in providing social service programs to low-income residents. The applications are available June 1.
Recommended Stories For You
Visit http://new.mynevadacounty.com/housing or call Nevada County’s CDA-Housing Division at (530) 265-7254 for a digital application. Each funding award is limited to $10,000 and must provide a social service need to income-qualified individuals.
Apply by July 20, 2009 before 5 p.m. Postmarks and faxed applications will not be accepted. Applications must be received by the Nevada County, Community Development Agency-Housing Division, 950 Maidu Ave., Nevada City, CA 95959, before the close of business on July 20, 2009.
All CSBG funding awards are contingent upon Federal, State and local funding sources maintaining their present value.
Trending In: Opinion
- Rolf Godon: Jessica Morse right choice to represent California’s 4th District
- Kevin Drake: Vote Mourelatos for North Tahoe PUD
- John Merryfield: A more compassionate world begins with you
- Steve Batie: Calling all compassionate, thoughtful and patriotic Republicans
- Law Review: Mandalay Bay sues shooting victims
- FiftyFifty celebrates production facility grand opening in Truckee
- Teen swims length of Lake Tahoe for charity
- Land requested by Incline Village General Improvement District dropped from Washoe County lands bill
- McClintock backs out of proposed Tahoe debate, cites endorsement of opponent by event organizer
- Colorado ultrarunners shatter Tahoe 200 course records