Truckee ultrarunner and#8216;Running for Recovery’
June 1, 2011
TRUCKEE, Calif. and#8212; Community Recovery Resources (CoRR) Counselor and Truckee resident Dan Jenkins will run a solo 144-mile event two times around Lake Tahoe, June 18 and 19, to raise money for CoRR’s Alumni Fund, helping people in early recovery from addiction and children of mothers in recovery. and#8220;I hope you’ll pledge and be a part of making this event a success for the kids, their mothers and those in addiction and recovery seeking a little inspiration along their own path,and#8221; said Jenkins.
Jenkins will begin his solo ultra-run on June 18 at Stateline, Nev., reversing direction for his second lap of Lake Tahoe on June 19. Secure online donations, sent directly to Community Recovery Resources by FirstGiving (who will e-mail you a printable record of your donation), can be made at http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/danjenkins5150/runningforrecovery. Pledges per mile can also be made by e-mailing Dan a firstname.lastname@example.org. Your help is appreciated by the many in recovery who will benefit from the Alumni Fund’s increased resources!
Trending In: Opinion
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Truckee man accused of raping teen
- Coming soon: a theater near you – Truckee Art Haus on track for downtown
- Rally for Rasta Stevie: Tahoe community comes together to support self-described ski bum, emcee
- Truckee Donner Land Trust awarded more than $750,000 for forest health work