Walktober in Tahoe Truckee: Get active, get moving and get walking
October 11, 2010
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. and#8212; Walktober is a free month-long fitness challenge with a goal of reaching of 10,000 steps everyday for the month of October. Challenge yourself, your friends, and your family to be more physically active. Weekly prizes will be given away to help keep you motivated with grand prizes for the individual and the team participants who log the most steps.
Who can participate?
Everyone! Parents, kids, seniors, teenagers … the whole family. All Truckee/ North Lake Tahoe residents are encouraged to join during October.
Registration is free. Sign up today and the first 10 people win a free pedometer. Call 587-3769 or stop by the Tahoe Center for Health and Sports Performance, 10710 Donner Pass Road, Truckee. Pedometers can be purchased for $10 plus tax at the Center. Register as an individual or with a team up to four participants. Program details and walking logs will be provided upon registration.
Trending In: Opinion
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Truckee man accused of raping teen
- Coming soon: a theater near you – Truckee Art Haus on track for downtown
- Truckee Donner Land Trust awarded more than $750,000 for forest health work
- Rally for Rasta Stevie: Tahoe community comes together to support self-described ski bum, emcee