West Shore author to sign ‘Snowball’s Chance’
December 3, 2009
Author David C. Antonucci will be at the Bookshelf at Hooligan Rocks in Truckee to sign “Snowball’s Chance – The Story of the 1960 Olympic Winter Games, Squaw Valley and Lake Tahoe.” The event begins at 4 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 5, 2009.
“Snowball’s Chance” contains the only complete account of the preparations, pageantry, ceremonies, competitions and epilogues of the historic VIII Olympic Winter Games. Antonucci will make a 30-minute multimedia presentation about the history of the 1960 Olympic Winter Games. “Snowball’s Chance” is timely because the North Lake Tahoe area will stage its first-ever Olympic Heritage Celebration Jan. 8-17, 2010 and 2010 will mark the 50th anniversary of the VIII Olympic Winter Games and the 60th anniversary of the founding of Squaw Valley USA. Author David C. Antonucci is a 35-year resident of the Tahoe-Truckee region and has a passion for winter sports and the history of the VIII Olympic Winter Games.
He lives at Lake Tahoe near the site of the VIII Olympic Winter Games crosscountry skiing and biathlon venue. He frequently lectures on the 1960 Winter Olympics, Mark Twain at Lake Tahoe and Lake Tahoe natural history.
For more information about “Snowball’s Chance” visit http://www.tahoefacts.com or call the Bookshelf at 582-0515.
Trending In: Opinion
- (VIDEO) Winter storm expected to deliver several feet of snow to local ski resorts; up to 2 feet in Truckee, Tahoe
- Truckee fire truck stolen, crashed in Tahoe City
- Town of Truckee looking to relocate downtown transit center
- Humane Society of Truckee-Tahoe now serves as a lakewide pet care, resource network
- Chief’s Corner: How to stay on the road, and safe, this winter