What’s your opinion on the Supreme Court’s decision on same-sex marriage? | Word on the Street
June 29, 2015
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — This week's question: What's your opinion on the Supreme Court's decision Friday on same-sex marriage?
Here are this week's responses, as asked in Incline Village:
Helen Oliva, nanny, Incline Village: "I love it. It's been a long time coming."
Derrick Ament, retail photography, Incline Village: "I think it's good that everybody's equal now. Equality for everyone."
Mitchell Gehring, student, Incline Village: "I think the justices voting against had a very good point in there being no constitutional precedent … but I have to agree wholeheartedly with the decision that they made."
Charlotte Dillard, postal employee, Incline Village: "It's awesome. Everybody deserves to be equal. I have gay people in my family, so I'm totally supportive of it."
Trending In: Opinion
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Northstar California General Manager Nadia Guerriero on the move
- Truckee police arrest woman on assault, child cruelty charges