When do you think Tahoe will get its first significant snowfall? Word on the Street
September 8, 2015
TAHOE VISTA, Calif. — This week's question: When do you think Tahoe will get its first significant snowfall?
Here are this week's responses, as asked on Labor Day Monday in Tahoe Vista.
Dan Sanderman, laundromat owner, Tahoe Vista: "September 20 to celebrate Ironman."
Janet Randolph, retired, Tahoe Vista: "I think by November we'll start to see snow because they are talking about the El Niño. I have been here when El Niño has happened, and we usually get snow and rain."
Doug Shelton, preschool instructor, Tahoe Vista: "Thanksgiving weekend, because by that time people will be kind of expecting it. A lot of people want to come up and go skiing for Thanksgiving weekend."
Juan Leon, landscaping worker, Tahoe Vista: "Right around the beginning of October, because everyone is saying that it's going to snow early."
Trending In: Opinion
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Truckee man accused of raping teen
- Truckee Donner Land Trust awarded more than $750,000 for forest health work
- Coming soon: a theater near you – Truckee Art Haus on track for downtown
- Rally for Rasta Stevie: Tahoe community comes together to support self-described ski bum, emcee