Winter Film Series to highlight Norway
December 6, 2011
TAHOE CITY, Caif. and#8212; Winter is here and Alpenglow Sports is proud to announce the second installment of their annual Winter Film Series. World-famous ski mountaineer Andrew McLean will present, and#8220;Norwayand#8217;s Wild Westand#8221; Dec. 8, 7 p.m. at the Sawtooth Ridge Cafe, 877 North Lake Blvd., Tahoe City.
Join Salt Lake City and ski mountaineering icon Andrew McLean for a three-part trip to Norwayand#8217;s Spitsbergen archipelago. Situated in the Arctic Circle, the area provides world-class skiing, trekking, sailing and adventure. Tour through abandoned Russian ghost towns, dodge Polar Bear tracks in the fog, and savor the worldand#8217;s most expensive snowmobile ride in a land where the sun never sets. McLean and a host of other ski mountaineers descended on the region in the spring of 2011, resulting in entertaining, grand, and inspiring adventure.
The show is free and is designed to motivate, inspire, and educate! Amazing raffle prizes from our generous sponsors Mountain Hardwear and Black Diamond. Raffle proceeds to benefit the Sierra Avalanche Center (SAC).
Please come early for good seats. The Sawtooth Ridge Cafe will serve dinner specials beginning at 5:30 p.m. Call Alpenglow Sports at 530-583-6917 with questions.
Trending In: Opinion
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- French Meadows Restoration Project reaches final approval
- ‘A TOTAL DIFFERENT LIFETIME’: All-female grunge group ready to rock Art Truckee (VIDEO)
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City
- Last of Tahoe’s downhill resorts set to open this week