Word on the Street: How are you taking advantage of the mild weather to have fun outside?
February 15, 2016
TRUCKEE, Calif. — This week's question: How are you taking advantage of the recent mild weather to get outside and have fun?
Here are answers, as asked Sunday in Truckee:
Jan Ganong, retired speech pathologist, Alpine Meadows: "I am planning to go skate skiing at the Nordic Center in Tahoe City, and I'm also out shopping."
Jacob Luczak, retail employee, Brooklyn, N.Y.: "(I'm) snowboarding. The last three days have been like 50-plus (degrees). It's insane."
Diane Sims, retired school teacher, Truckee: "We've been outside walking every day and outside on snowshoes. We're spending the majority of the time just outside. It's been great. Now we're ready for some more snow."
Paul Wolber, molecular biologist, Tahoe Donner: "… I can still do some cross-country skiing, there's enough snow for that, but (I) can also go and do some hiking … It's nice to be able to do both, but with that said, I hope it snows some more."
Trending In: Opinion
- Truckee Town Council race too tight to call
- Work to be done: Nevada County economic model is unsustainable
- Churchill County defeats Truckee for 3A state championship (GALLERY)
- Council approval moves Grocery Outlet project forward in Truckee
- Truckee Town Council moves forward with McIver Dairy restoration