Word on the Street: How do you cool off during heat waves at Truckee-Tahoe?
June 7, 2016
TRUCKEE, Calif. — This week's question: How do you cool off at Truckee-Tahoe?
Here are answers, as asked Monday in Truckee:
Adam Freeman, self-employed, Truckee: "Get on the water. Get on a friend's boat or get on a paddleboard."
Glenn Urban, retired, Tahoe Donner: "Kayak on Donner Lake."
Kari Chalstrom, real estate agent, Truckee: "Head to Donner Lake and get on the boat or paddleboard."
Kelly Gould, barista, Truckee: "Donner Lake. Lake Tahoe. Truckee River. Margaritas. Just hanging out with friends in my bathing suit."
Trending In: Opinion
- Nevada County prosecutor: Victim’s blood found on Joseph Ward’s boots
- Two dead, one critically injured in Truckee airplane crash
- Ferguson Fire in Yosemite filling Lake Tahoe Basin with smoke
- Grocery stores back on table for Truckee Town Council
- Truckee Town Council looks to restore McIver Dairy property