Word on the Street: How do you cool off during heat waves at Truckee-Tahoe?
June 7, 2016
TRUCKEE, Calif. — This week's question: How do you cool off at Truckee-Tahoe?
Here are answers, as asked Monday in Truckee:
Adam Freeman, self-employed, Truckee: "Get on the water. Get on a friend's boat or get on a paddleboard."
Glenn Urban, retired, Tahoe Donner: "Kayak on Donner Lake."
Kari Chalstrom, real estate agent, Truckee: "Head to Donner Lake and get on the boat or paddleboard."
Kelly Gould, barista, Truckee: "Donner Lake. Lake Tahoe. Truckee River. Margaritas. Just hanging out with friends in my bathing suit."
Trending In: Opinion
- Truckee Town Council approves Grocery Outlet
- Truckee Town Council race still too close to call
- Kurt Reinkens: Affordable living with Grocery Outlet unlocks affordable housing
- Updated results still shows close race for Truckee Town Council
- ELECTION: Hetherington, Jones battle for second airport board seat