Word on the Street: Is it better to give or receive during the holiday season?
December 21, 2015
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — This week's Word on the Street question: Is it better to give or receive during the holiday season?
Here are answers, as asked over the weekend in Incline Village:
Maureen McCarthy, scientist, Incline Village: "It's better to give. I can't image needing anything else. I live … in the most beautiful place in the world. I want to be able to share."
Mike Menath, insurance broker, Incline Village: "To give because there is more joy in giving than there is in receiving."
Kayla Franklin, job seeker, Reno: "It's much better to give. I think seeing the joy giving gives other people is kind of like receiving in its own way."
Ben Nichols, film set construction coordinator, Oakland, Calif.: "It's always better to give. If you give, you usually get back tenfold. The pleasure of seeing people be the beneficiary of generosity far exceeds the act of receiving."
Trending In: Opinion
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show
- North Tahoe’s Mercogliano finishes prolific career as league MVP