Word on the Street: What are your views on gun control in this country?
June 21, 2016
TRUCKEE, Calif. — This week's question: What are your views on gun control in this country?
Here are answers, as asked Monday in Truckee:
Theo St. Pierre, ski patrolman, Truckee: "What we've been doing doesn't seem to be working, so we got to relook at the system and rework it. Because what's happening isn't really an option."
Jocelyn Kreiss, psychiatrist, Truckee: "I think we need more gun control. I think the recent events have proven that our current gun control laws are not adequate. I am definitely for stricter gun control and I think it's obtainable."
Kelly Cline, teacher, Tahoe City: "I think gun control is necessary and there should be stronger laws on gun control — there are way too many mass shootings that are occurring."
Janell Balfour, retired, Truckee: "Those big guns (AR-15) that are usually used for wars, totally against that anywhere (in this country). Anywhere. In war, they can use it — that's fine — but not here."
Trending In: Opinion
- Churchill County defeats Truckee for 3A state championship (GALLERY)
- Council approval moves Grocery Outlet project forward in Truckee
- Work to be done: Nevada County economic model is unsustainable
- Truckee Town Council race too tight to call
- Truckee Town Council moves forward with McIver Dairy restoration