Word on the Street: What’s the best tip to stay safe on Tahoe-Truckee’s wintry roads?
January 20, 2016
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — This week's question: What's the best tip you have to stay safe on Tahoe-Truckee's wintry roads?
Here are the answers, as asked Sunday in Tahoe City:
Rachel Bauer, manager of a ski and ride school, Olympic Valley: "Give yourself plenty of time for travel."
Steve Littell, bartender, Tahoe City: "Have really good snow tires and a Subaru."
Erik Horn, sales, Tahoe City (part time): "Always have your headlights on. It just helps other cars see you, and be aware. Drive slower when there is snow and ice; that's the big one."
Kelley Clare, teacher, Tahoe City: "Give yourself lots of time and take it slow."
Trending In: Opinion
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- West End Coffee and Tap plans moving forward in Truckee
- Packing a punch: Sierra snowpack gets big boost from season’s biggest storm (so far)
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport