Word on the Street: With Veterans Day coming up (Nov. 11), why is important to honor veterans?
November 3, 2015
KINGS BEACH, Calif. — This week's question: With Veterans Day coming up (Nov. 11), why is important to honor veterans?
Here are the answers, as asked Monday in Kings Beach:
Anne Middleton, personal historian, Tahoe Vista: "They've served our country and made a tremendous difference in the lives of all who believe in what America stands for."
Alex Gignoux, contractor, Carnelian Bay: "They definitely sacrificed a lot of their lives to benefit others, and they should always be recognized."
Dodie MacAuley, self employed, Tahoe City: "Because they have served our country, and they protected us."
Alex Cuneo, merchandiser for beer distributing company, Truckee: "They serve our country proudly."
Trending In: Opinion
- UPDATE: Officials: Shooting reported in Tahoe City
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- Storm update: I-80 reopened after more than 3 feet falls in Sierra
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Squaw sets February snowfall record (VIDEO)