You’re invited to Little Truckee River working group meeting
December 28, 2012
SIERRAVILLE – The Sierra County Fire Safe and Watershed Council invites you to attend the annual Little Truckee River Working Group Meeting on Wednesday Jan. 9, 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m. at the U.S. Forest Service Sierraville Ranger Station Conference Room. The meeting will provide an information exchange on current and planned natural resource work within the Little Truckee River watershed, including oral and poster presentations. Featured speakers include Perry Norris, Truckee Donner Land Trust; Beth Christman and Jeannette Halderman, Truckee River Watershed Council; Teresa Crimmens, Tahoe RCD, Paul Honeywell, U.S. Geological Survey; Quentin Youngblood, U.S. Forest Service, Christopher Fichtel, The Nature Conservancy; and Lynn Nolan, South Tahoe Public Utilities District.
A poster session featuring presentations by Ken Cawley, consulting hydrologist, Christopher Fichtel of The Nature Conservancy, Deborah Urich U. S. Forest Service Fisheries Biologist, and Patrick Stone of the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency and Tahoe-Truckee Fisheries Coalition will be held during the meeting. Meeting attendees will be encouraged to review the posters and discuss the project details.
Lunch will be provided by the Feather River Chapter of Trout Unlimited with donations welcomed. Please email email@example.com to RSVP and receive further details, including an agenda with presentation titles. Note, in the event of stormy weather, the meeting will be rescheduled for Wednesday, Jan. 16.
Trending In: Opinion
- William Mardison: Police officers’ association announces Truckee council endorsements
- Amy Berry: Prop 3 critical to California’s water supply
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- Don Rogers: Careful what you call crisis
- Perry Norris: Proposition 3 will help water supply, fire prevention in the Sierra Nevada
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Two arrested at Truckee Rite Aid on burglary, drug charges
- Now boarding: 5 candidates vie for Truckee Tahoe Airport Board (VIDEO)