Red flag fire danger warning in parts of Nevada County this weekend
Nevada County officials have declared a red flag warning for fire danger in the eastern part of the county and surrounding areas this Friday through Saturday.
Nevada County Office of Emergency Services published some tips to avoid creating sparks and wildfires:
• Perform yardwork when it’s cooler in the morning or evening, rather than the heat of the day
• Do not use a lawn mower on weeds or dry grass
• Properly dispose of cigarettes and matches
• Avoid power equipment that creates sparks
• Make sure no vehicle parts drag on the ground, including towing chains
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User