November 23, 2017
Picture this: You just spent the day bombing down the mountain on some of the best snow you've seen all year. You're tired and happy — but awfully thirsty. It's time for a warm cocktail and a soak in the hot tub.
Lucky for you, Rocket Vodka and Tahoe Blue Vodka — a pair of Tahoe-based distilleries — are whipping up some of the smoothest vodka on the West Coast, perfect for pairing with everything from fruit juice to coffee. Bottoms up!
The Après by Rocket Vodka
1.5 oz. Rocket Vodka
2 oz. unfiltered apple juice
1 oz. pear juice
Recommended Stories For You
Pinch of nutmeg
Thin apple slice
Directions: Combine apple juice and pear juice in a microwave-safe cup and zap until warm. Next, add in Rocket Vodka and stir. Top with a whole star anise, a thin slice of apple and a pinch of nutmeg.
Tahoe Handwarmer by Tahoe Blue Vodka
1.25 oz. cinnamon-infused Tahoe Blue Vodka
6-8 oz. coffee or cocoa
Whipped cream, if desired
Directions: To infuse vodka, add one to two cinnamon sticks to a bottle of Tahoe Blue Vodka and allow to sit at room temperature for 48 hours. Remove sticks. Add vodka to prepared hot beverage and stir. Top with whipped cream and enjoy!
Trending In: Special Sections
- Authorities ID Incline Village alleged murder victim
- Weather forecast: Sunny skies should give way to snow in Truckee
- Update: Chains required on I-80 from Nyack Road to the Nevada state line; westbound vehicles being turned at Donner Lake Interchange, Truckee due to spinouts
- Truckee community comes together to bring a missing dog home
- Truckee Planning Commission to review Grocery Outlet modification plan