117 take on Run to Squaw race
July 4, 2013
Chris Badolato, 36, and Lauren Tomory, 26, both of Reno, captured wins in the Run to Squaw race put on by Big Blue Adventure this past Sunday.
A total of 117 runners took part in the race, which started in Tahoe City and ended 7.9 miles later at Squaw Valley.
Truckee High cross-country member Nathan Ariza, 16, finished second overall, posting a time of 51:01.88 to Badolato's 48:40.57.
Matt Dolan, 29, of Fallon finished third in 51:34.84 and was followed by Truckee's Jesse Stocking (51:47.98) and Greg Mandler of Elko Grove (52:08.48) rounding out the top five.
Angela Matthews, 51, of Sacramento was the second woman and 15th overall in 57:06.55, and Kimberly Mygatt of San Jose was third (19th overall) in 58:46.75. Truckee's Courtney Hollway Keim was the fourth woman and 20th overall in 59:37.80.
Trending In: Sports
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Eastern U.S. snowboard company lands at Squaw Valley as part of wild ride through country
- Squaw Valley’s Cashman picks up Nor-Am win at Snow King
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Truckee man in good health after near-fatal ski accident in Russia