A-Basin opens uphill access on Nov. 11
November 13, 2017
Arapahoe Basin Ski Area opened its uphill access for the first time this ski season Saturday afternoon, Nov. 11, at approximately 4:15 p.m.
In a statement, A-Basin said it intends to have uphill access open in the morning prior to lift operating hours as well.
Uphill access will remain closed during the ski area’s normal operating hours.
A-Basin advises skiers and snowboarders to check their website for current statuses of uphill access, at ArapahoeBasin.com/snow and scrolling to the bottom of the page.
The ski area also said uphill access can be affected by mountain operations like avalanche mitigation and winch cat grooming.
A-Basin’s first “Rise ‘n’ Shine Rando” will be this Tuesday morning, Nov. 14.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee Planning Commission approves proposal to build a Grocery Outlet
- California tax law woes mean Northern Nevada luxury spending is on the rise
- Interstate 80 traffic backed up for miles because of snowstorm, road conditions
- Snowstorm delivers for Truckee area ski resorts
- Truckee Planning Commission to review Grocery Outlet modification plan