A walk in the park, disc golfers enjoy Condon Park in Grass Valley
August 25, 2017
Grass Valley’s 91-degree temperature Wednesday afternoon, Aug. 23, didn’t keep a pair of its native sons from partaking in a game of disc golf at the renowned Squirrel Creek Disc Golf Course in Condon Park.
Brothers Nick and Brandon Reutschler took turns tossing their drivers and putters into the baskets of the 18-hole course, enjoying the down time while waiting for those ahead to finish their holes.
“You can really relax and take your time,” said Nick Reutschler while walking to track down one of his drives.
Temperatures will remain in the upper 80s to lower- and mid-90s for the rest of the week and through the weekend in Grass Valley. The outlook for Truckee is similar with highs in the mid- to upper-80s and lows in the mid-40s.
Trending In: Sports
- Injured skier rescued off Jobs Peak after avalanche
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Eastern U.S. snowboard company lands at Squaw Valley as part of wild ride through country
- Squaw Valley’s Cashman picks up Nor-Am win at Snow King
- Truckee girls, North Tahoe boys open postseason