Aerials | Scotty Bahrke soars to 2nd in NorAm Cup opener
December 27, 2011
PARK CITY, Utah and#8212; The U.S. Ski Team’s Dylan Ferguson recorded a strong win this past Thursday while teammate Scotty Bahrke from Tahoe City finished second on Wednesday in the opening aerials event of the International Ski Federation NorAm Cup at the Utah Olympic Park in Park City.
Ferguson posted an impressive score of 121.94 to win over Russian Timoflei Slivets, Wednesday’s champion.
On Wednesday, Slivets posted a 184.55 to Bahrke’s 182.85 as Russian Freestyle Team members took first and third place. Wind and blizzard conditions hampered the event, with women limited to performing a one-jump single flip only, and men limited to doubles.
Americans Madison Olsen and Kiley McKinnon took wins for the women over the two-day competition, which also showcased a rising talent pool of U.S. development aerialists.
and#8220;I’m super stoked to start out the season with some solid jumps,and#8221; said Ferguson. and#8220;It’s also really cool seeing the development team kill it the last few weeks. U.S. aerials is slaying it! Right now I’m hyped to start the World Cup tour with momentum.and#8221;
The World Cup season opens in Mont Gabriel, PQ, Canada in two weeks before heading to Lake Placid, N.Y.
Trending In: Sports
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- John Ward: Airport Board member Lisa Wallace’s apology falls short
- Truckee, North Tahoe skiers dominate first race of high school season
- Tahoe City moving forward with affordable housing project
- Vail Resorts gives $1.9M to Truckee, South Lake Tahoe nonprofits