Alder Creek girls basketball ends season
October 22, 2006
The Alder Creek Middle School girls basketball seasons ended with the eighth-grade girls losing to No. 1-seeded Eagle Valley, 31-16, in the Tah-Neva League Tournament semifinal on Thursday.
The Cougars finished league by beating South Lake Tahoe, 45-14, and again in the first round of the tournament, 45-23.
Aly Coronado-Smith and Megan Shalvis led Alder Creek with 10 points and 12 points, respectively. Sara Shontz and Shannon Baumann added six points each.
Five other players ” Meagan McDonald, Hilary Breuner, Sam O’Connell, Natalie Duner and Hannah Bright ” scored to help the Cougars coast into the semifinals.
The team accomplished one of its goals in the last league game when Ale Randall hit a 10-foot bank shot.
“Every player this year scored and was able to contribute at some point. That’s what ‘team’ is all about,” Cougars coach Geoff Stephens said.
Recommended Stories For You
Alder Creek finished with a 5-5 league record, 8-6 overall.
“This year’s team showed incredible maturity and growth in understanding the game of basketball,” Stephens said. “This group of girls will have their day if they continue playing with the energy they displayed this year.”
Trending In: Sports
- Dialysis doesn’t stop Truckee’s Josalyn Brown
- North Tahoe’s Mercogliano finishes prolific career as league MVP
- Truckee’s Ryan Funk wins first Junior SUP World Championship
- Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Resort celebrates season opener with new triple chairlift (VIDEO)
- Truckee man in good health after near-fatal ski accident in Russia