Alder Creek volleyball achieves perfection
January 28, 2016
Last Thursday, Alder Creek Middle School's seventh-grade volleyball team pulled off a feat tantamount to a 300 game in bowling or a perfect game in baseball — the extremely rare perfect set.
Jordyn Jensen served 25 straight points en route to a 25-0 first set over South Tahoe.
"Rally scoring is set up for teams to make points. Any error on our side would have resulted in a point for South Tahoe," said Alder Creek coach Scott Cross. "The girls needed a whole team effort to make it happen. I tested their mental toughness with timeouts and substitutions, but they never wavered."
Taylor Betts had three kills in the set on sharp setting by Whitney Wingard. The Cougars went on to win the match 25-0, 25-19.
Trending In: Sports
- Dialysis doesn’t stop Truckee’s Josalyn Brown
- North Tahoe’s Mercogliano finishes prolific career as league MVP
- Truckee’s Ryan Funk wins first Junior SUP World Championship
- Sugar Bowl offers half-off tickets for toy donations to Camp Fire victims
- Truckee man in good health after near-fatal ski accident in Russia