All downhill from here
August 10, 2005
Mountain bikers of all levels are invited to enter Northstar’s Downhill Mountain Bike Race Series on Aug. 14 and Sept. 25. Classes are divided into mens, womens, junior divisions and beginner through open classes. The race fee is $25 ($35 for open class) and discounted lift tickets are available for $20.
Racers can register the day of the race from 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. at Northstar’s Bike Shop, located in the upper level of the Village. Lifts open at 9:30 a.m. for riders to practice and the race begins at 11 a.m. Bike rentals and full protective gear are available and helmets are required to race.Awards will be given to the top three racers in each division following each race and cash prizes will be awarded to the winners in the mens and womens open classes. The series winners will be announced following the final race on Sept. 25.
Season passes for Northstar’s mountain bike park and a Giant cruiser bike are just a few of the great prizes that will be raffled off at each event, along with other gear from series sponsors such as Fox Racing Shox.For further information on Northstar’s Downhill Mountain Bike Race Series, call 1-800-GO-NORTH or log onto http://www.NorthstarAtTahoe.com. Northstar-at-Tahoe is located on Highway 267, six miles north of Lake Tahoe.
Trending In: Sports
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall
- Squaw’s Ganong finishes 10th in final World Cup downhill, Bennett ends year seventh in downhill standings
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- North Tahoe’s Mattson drives in 15 runs, opens year 10-for-10 hitting
- Lakers clip Nighthawks, advance to league semis