Alpine ski racing: Travis Ganong 7th in NorAm downhill
December 11, 2009
LAKE LOUISE, Alberta and#8212; The U.S. men swept the podium Thursday in the NorAm Cup downhill at Lake Louise, with Steven Nyman, Will Bradenburg and Chris Beckmann taking the top three spots, and Travis Ganong of Squaw Valley placing seventh.
Nyman took the win with a time of 1:24.49, mirroring Wednesday’s results and beating out teammate Bradenburg. Will Gregorak snuck into the top five landing in fifth place.
The U.S. men have proved to be a dominant force in the NorAm speed races. Bradenburg, coming off an injury from last year, had exceptional results on Wednesday and Thursday. These were Brandenburg’s first downhill races in two years.
“I’m stoked! I came up here hoping to prove to people that I could be pretty fast in the super combined, but I surprised myself big time,” Brandenburg said.
Bradenburg, as well as other U.S. racers, will be competing in a super G on Friday.
1. Steven Nyman, Sundance, UT, 1:24.49
Recommended Stories For You
2. Will Bradenburg, Dakota Dunes, SD, 1:24.66
3. Chris Beckmann, Guidelander, NY, 1:24.67
4. Hannes Wagner, Germany, 1:24.71
5. Will Gregorak, Longmont, CO, 1:25.22
7. Travis Ganong, Squaw Valley, CA, 1:25.34
12. Keith Moffat, Berkley, CA, 1:25.64
Trending In: Sports
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall
- Squaw’s Ganong finishes 10th in final World Cup downhill, Bennett ends year seventh in downhill standings
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- North Tahoe’s Mattson drives in 15 runs, opens year 10-for-10 hitting
- Lakers clip Nighthawks, advance to league semis