Auburn Ski Club to host 2015 junior cross-country nationals
March 8, 2014
DONNER SUMMIT, Calif. — The US Ski and Snowboard Association has awarded Auburn Ski Club the 2015 USSA Cross-Country Skiing Junior National Championships, officials announced Saturday.
The annual event brings more than 400 of the nation's best cross-country skiers, ages 13-19, for a week of competition on the challenging ASC Training Center courses.
During March 8-14, 2015, there will be four separate competitions in both classic and freestyle disciplines, according to an ASC press release, with more than 750 spectators, coaches and parents from out of the area attending.
On March 29, 2014, from 3-5 p.m., the ASC Training Center, located next to Boreal Mountain Resort, will host a presentation; ASC members and the Nordic community are invited to learn about the event and volunteering and sponsorship opportunities.
"Qualifying for USSA Junior Nationals is a great accomplishment for skiers in the 10 USSA divisions that will bring a team," according to the press release. "Many of the athletes competing next March will go on to compete in NCAA college programs, U.S. Ski Team and Olympic teams."
Individuals interested in volunteering can sign up at http://xcjuniornationals2015.com/volunteer-sign-up/.
Recommended Stories For You
Learn more about Auburn Ski Club Training Center at auburnskiclub.com.
Trending In: Sports
- Squaw Valley’s Cashman picks up Nor-Am win at Snow King
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Eastern U.S. snowboard company lands at Squaw Valley as part of wild ride through country
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Truckee man in good health after near-fatal ski accident in Russia