B4BC raises more than $20,000 in ninth annual Skate the Lake event
August 22, 2013
The Lake Tahoe skateboard community continues to rake in the dough for breast cancer awareness.
More then 110 people helped raise in excess of $20,000 at the ninth annual Boarding for Breast Cancer (B4BC) Skate the Lake event this past Saturday.
On the second stop of B4BC's Skate the States series, participants of all ages and abilities skated, biked or roller skated along a 28-mile stretch of North Lake Tahoe.
B4BC is a 501(c)3 nonprofit foundation dedicated to providing breast cancer education, prevention and support programs for young people and the action sports community at large. They put on a series of events across the West.
For more information or to donate to the cause, visit the B4BC website at b4bc.org.
Trending In: Sports
- Romo rallies to win first American Century Championship
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Death Ride doesn’t live up to name
- Currys haven’t yet set bet, but thrilled to be in Tahoe for ACC
- Stanley Cup champion T.J. Oshie donation fetches highest bid at Gene Upshaw Golf Classic