B4BC raises more than $20,000 in ninth annual Skate the Lake event
August 28, 2013
The Lake Tahoe skateboard community continues to rake in the dough for breast cancer awareness.
More then 110 people helped raise in excess of $20,000 at the ninth annual Boarding for Breast Cancer (B4BC) Skate the Lake event this past Saturday.
On the second stop of B4BC's Skate the States series, participants of all ages and abilities skated, biked or roller skated along a 28-mile stretch of North Lake Tahoe.
B4BC is a 501(c)3 nonprofit foundation dedicated to providing breast cancer education, prevention and support programs for young people and the action sports community at large. They put on a series of events across the West.
For more information or to donate to the cause, visit the B4BC website at b4bc.org.
Trending In: Sports
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- Sun Snapshots: Northstar ice rink covered in snow
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- West End Coffee and Tap plans moving forward in Truckee
- Law Review: Supreme Court ruling on eviction after foreclosure