Basketball teams lose 3A openers
January 13, 2004
The boys’ and girls’ varsity basketball teams both lost their league openers in the Northern 3A division last Wednesday at Bishop-Manogue Catholic High School in Reno.
The teams lost by a combined score of 77 points against two very good Manogue programs.
The boys and girls, both playing under first-year head coaches, are struggling so far in 2003-2004. The boys are 3-7 overall and 0-1 in the Northern 3A after a 70-24 thrashing at the hands of Manogue on the road. The girls are 2-5 overall and 0-1 in league after their 51-20 defeat at Manogue. The results for Friday’s Sparks games are unavailable, after attempts to reach both coaches were unsuccessful by press time.
Truckee hosts league games against Right of Passage on Friday and Fernley on Saturday.
Trending In: Sports
- Dialysis doesn’t stop Truckee’s Josalyn Brown
- North Tahoe’s Mercogliano finishes prolific career as league MVP
- Truckee’s Ryan Funk wins first Junior SUP World Championship
- Truckee man in good health after near-fatal ski accident in Russia
- Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Resort celebrates season opener with new triple chairlift (VIDEO)