Beaver Creek World Cup: Janka keeps super combi Swiss Switzerland goes 1-2 on first day of racing
December 5, 2009
BEAVER CREEK and#8212; The super combined at the Birds of Prey seems to be a Swiss thing.
Switzerland’s Daniel Albrecht won the event two years ago when it was last run at Beaver Creek, and Friday his teammates Carlo Janka and Didier Defago went 1-2 in the 2009 Birds of Prey super combined.
Janka, the defending super-combined world champion, picked up his third career World Cup win Friday with a time of 2 minutes, 32.26 seconds, 0.43 seconds ahead of Defago. Croatia’s Natko Zrncic-Dim was third in 2:32.75.
And since Albrecht is still recovering from a dreadful crash last season in Kitzbuehel, Austria, he’s not far from the Swiss Team’s collective mind.
and#8220;He wished my good luck for the race,and#8221; Janka said. and#8220;He went home Thursday and he watched the race maybe at home. It’s nice to win here after Daniel won here two years ago. I think the Swiss team can get some good results and make it easier for him to come back to the World Cup.and#8221;
Birds of Prey continues today with the downhill at 10 aa.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Our sister paper, the Vail Daily, is covering all the action and more at http://www.vaildaily.com.
Trending In: Sports
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Two arrested at Truckee Rite Aid on burglary, drug charges
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Now boarding: 5 candidates vie for Truckee Tahoe Airport Board (VIDEO)