Biathlon racing | Violett, Wendt win Chuck Lyda Memorial
February 19, 2015
Phillip Violett and Buff Wendt claimed respective victories in the pro division of the Chuck Lyda Memorial Biathlon at Auburn Ski Club this past Sunday.
Violett posted a final time of 41:13.06, while Wendt placed third overall and the top woman with a time of 48:41.01.
Ted Hulbert finished second in 46:48.42. Raymond Erst was fourth and Dan Warren fifth in the field of 13 pro competitors.
The novice race featured 33 athletes. Orion Maxwell took the win with a final time of 20:22.64. He was followed by Spencer Reid (22:16.70) in second place and Wesley Romer (22:33.32) in third.
Frances Hamilton finished fourth overall and first among women, posting a final time of 23:02.34. Lexie Madigan was the second woman and sixth overall in 23:10.55, and Nina Seemann was the third woman and eight overall in 23:48.58.
The event also included a youth race. Izzie Pullen won with a time of 6:28.72 and was followed by Maya Ferris (6:40.19) and Lucas Johnston (9:42.67) in third.
Recommended Stories For You
The competition was the third biathlon event of the season at Auburn Ski Club, which will host the USBA Biathlon National Championships from March 20-22.
Trending In: Sports
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- World-class granite: Local climbing outfits help to access Truckee-Donner’s unparalleled routes
- Squaw Valley Kids Adventures Games returns for fifth year
- Lake Tahoe bike ride raises $4.7 million for cancer research
- Truckee River to remain low near Tahoe City