Biathlon racing | Violett, Wendt win Chuck Lyda Memorial
February 19, 2015
Phillip Violett and Buff Wendt claimed respective victories in the pro division of the Chuck Lyda Memorial Biathlon at Auburn Ski Club this past Sunday.
Violett posted a final time of 41:13.06, while Wendt placed third overall and the top woman with a time of 48:41.01.
Ted Hulbert finished second in 46:48.42. Raymond Erst was fourth and Dan Warren fifth in the field of 13 pro competitors.
The novice race featured 33 athletes. Orion Maxwell took the win with a final time of 20:22.64. He was followed by Spencer Reid (22:16.70) in second place and Wesley Romer (22:33.32) in third.
Frances Hamilton finished fourth overall and first among women, posting a final time of 23:02.34. Lexie Madigan was the second woman and sixth overall in 23:10.55, and Nina Seemann was the third woman and eight overall in 23:48.58.
The event also included a youth race. Izzie Pullen won with a time of 6:28.72 and was followed by Maya Ferris (6:40.19) and Lucas Johnston (9:42.67) in third.
Recommended Stories For You
The competition was the third biathlon event of the season at Auburn Ski Club, which will host the USBA Biathlon National Championships from March 20-22.
Trending In: Sports
- Update: Truckee police actively working case involving suspect with a firearm in Glenshire area
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million