Bonneville finishes second in giant slalom at state snowboarding championships
March 7, 2018
Truckee’s Caleb Bonneville captured a state silver medal in snowboard giant slalom at the California Nevada Interscholastic Ski and Snowboard Federation (CNISSF) state championships on Wednesday, March 7.
Bonneville sat in second place after his first run at Mammoth Mountain Ski Area, and was able to maintain that position with the second fastest final run of any skier to claim a second-place finish with a total time of 1:24.07. Placer’s Troy Sheldon won the giant slalom state title with a total time of 1:23.65. The Wolverines boys also had Zac Kuch finish in 15th place with a total time of 1:37.57, and Benjamin Torney finish with a total time of 1:42.47 for 22nd place.
On the girls’ side, Truckee’s Morgan Just threw down the day’s third fastest first run, but Just struggled during her final run with the 16th fastest time, dropping her to 11th overall with a total time of 1:42.52. Shasta’s Sage Will came from behind to defeat defending champion Tate Harkness, of Mount Shasta, with a total time of 1:24.99. Cassiopeia Dalsey also raced for Truckee, but had a tough day, finishing with a total time of 2:14.81.
The CNISSF snowboard state snowboard championships will conclude tomorrow at Mammoth win slalom racing.
Trending In: Sports
- Dayton high school denied request to play in easier division
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Truckee Tahoe Junior Golf Tour opens season
- World-class granite: Local climbing outfits help to access Truckee-Donner’s unparalleled routes
- Squaw Valley Kids Adventures Games returns for fifth year
- UPDATE: Lanes now open on eastbound I-80 following truck retrieval
- Bicyclist dead after being struck by vehicle on State Route 89
- Red White and Tahoe Blue organizers optimistic about salvaging July 4 fireworks in Incline Village after county denies permit
- Truckee High School Class of 2018 goes out in style