Bonneville finishes second in giant slalom at state snowboarding championships
March 7, 2018
Truckee’s Caleb Bonneville captured a state silver medal in snowboard giant slalom at the California Nevada Interscholastic Ski and Snowboard Federation (CNISSF) state championships on Wednesday, March 7.
Bonneville sat in second place after his first run at Mammoth Mountain Ski Area, and was able to maintain that position with the second fastest final run of any skier to claim a second-place finish with a total time of 1:24.07. Placer’s Troy Sheldon won the giant slalom state title with a total time of 1:23.65. The Wolverines boys also had Zac Kuch finish in 15th place with a total time of 1:37.57, and Benjamin Torney finish with a total time of 1:42.47 for 22nd place.
On the girls’ side, Truckee’s Morgan Just threw down the day’s third fastest first run, but Just struggled during her final run with the 16th fastest time, dropping her to 11th overall with a total time of 1:42.52. Shasta’s Sage Will came from behind to defeat defending champion Tate Harkness, of Mount Shasta, with a total time of 1:24.99. Cassiopeia Dalsey also raced for Truckee, but had a tough day, finishing with a total time of 2:14.81.
The CNISSF snowboard state snowboard championships will conclude tomorrow at Mammoth win slalom racing.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Finishing strong: Bellon surpasses 3K career passing yards; Wolverines close regular season with Sierra Bowl