Bonneville finishes second in giant slalom at state snowboarding championships
March 7, 2018
Truckee’s Caleb Bonneville captured a state silver medal in snowboard giant slalom at the California Nevada Interscholastic Ski and Snowboard Federation (CNISSF) state championships on Wednesday, March 7.
Bonneville sat in second place after his first run at Mammoth Mountain Ski Area, and was able to maintain that position with the second fastest final run of any skier to claim a second-place finish with a total time of 1:24.07. Placer’s Troy Sheldon won the giant slalom state title with a total time of 1:23.65. The Wolverines boys also had Zac Kuch finish in 15th place with a total time of 1:37.57, and Benjamin Torney finish with a total time of 1:42.47 for 22nd place.
On the girls’ side, Truckee’s Morgan Just threw down the day’s third fastest first run, but Just struggled during her final run with the 16th fastest time, dropping her to 11th overall with a total time of 1:42.52. Shasta’s Sage Will came from behind to defeat defending champion Tate Harkness, of Mount Shasta, with a total time of 1:24.99. Cassiopeia Dalsey also raced for Truckee, but had a tough day, finishing with a total time of 2:14.81.
The CNISSF snowboard state snowboard championships will conclude tomorrow at Mammoth win slalom racing.
Trending In: Sports
- World-class granite: Local climbing outfits help to access Truckee-Donner’s unparalleled routes
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Squaw Valley Kids Adventures Games returns for fifth year
- Tahoe City’s Kimble, Truckee’s Bohm win Squaw Valley Half Marathon
- U.S. Ski Team announces 2018-19 alpine nominations
- Lost hiker rescued in Desolation Wilderness shows importance of being prepared
- North Tahoe High School celebrates 64 students earning diplomas
- Bicyclist dead after being struck by vehicle on State Route 89
- UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe PD asking for public’s help IDing suspect in deadly shooting
- Truckee bridge construction taking off in Tahoe City