Boreal to host U.S. Snowboarding Grand Prix
August 19, 2008
Boreal Mountain Resort was selected to host one of three stops on the 2008-2009 U.S. Snowboarding Grand Prix tour.
The world’s best snowboarders ” Nate Holland, Seth Wescott, Tommy Czeschin, Hannah Teter, Lindsey Jacobellis and 2007-2008 Grand Prix Champion Louie Vito, among others ” will compete at Boreal from Jan. 30-Feb. 1 on a custom-built boardercross course and a superpipe with 22-foot walls.
Going on its 13th year, the Grand Prix has established itself as an exclusive snowboard tour in the United States, with competitors vying for an overall purse of $300,000.
“Obtaining the Grand Prix is a huge honor for Boreal,” said Eric Rosenwald, Boreal’s Terrain Park Director. “The industry has recognized the hard work we have done to bring innovative terrain parks to the Tahoe area.”
The other two Grand Prix stops include Copper Mountain, Colo., and Killington, Vt.
The Grand Prix event is spectator-friendly with walk-up access or by snow with a lift ticket. Expect live music and giveaways throughout.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Injured skier rescued off Jobs Peak after avalanche
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Eastern U.S. snowboard company lands at Squaw Valley as part of wild ride through country
- Squaw Valley’s Cashman picks up Nor-Am win at Snow King
- Truckee girls, North Tahoe boys open postseason