Boys’ tennis team ends season on high note
October 11, 2001
The courts at Tahoe Donner Tennis club will be a little quieter this week with the close of the 2001 varsity tennis season.
The Wolverine boys’ team, a young group of novices, finished the regular season on a high note last Tuesday, winning their first match of the year against Spanish Springs.
Number one and two singles players Kaya Lampe and Jason Pawolcik won both of their matches against Spanish Springs, contributing points to the Wolverines’ 20- 2.5 match win.
Truckee’s doubles teams of Rob Miller and Paul O’Neil, Seamus Breen and Corey Dorsey and Cort Hickman and Greg Beno also collected wins in all of their matches.
Truckee finished in eighth place in league standings and did not qualify for post-season competition.
“We had a tough season in terms of win/loss, but a great season as far as heart and spirit go,” said Wolverine Head Coach Mo Adamski.
Trending In: Sports
- Churchill County defeats Truckee for 3A state championship (GALLERY)
- Council approval moves Grocery Outlet project forward in Truckee
- Truckee Town Council moves forward with McIver Dairy restoration
- Truckee’s Wolverines to face Greenwave for state championship
- Work to be done: Nevada County economic model is unsustainable