CNISSF snowboarding | Murphy, Curtis 1-2 again in giant slalom
February 3, 2015
Truckee boys swept the top two spots in a CNISSF snowboard race at Northstar on Monday.
Ryan Murphy and Casey Curtis finished 1-2 in the giant slalom, with Murphy posting a time of 1:14.32 and Curtis 1:19.48. Sean Mulvihill of Davis was third in 1:21.70. The field consisted of 47 racers.
Truckee's Quinntin Butler placed seventh in 1:23.34 and was followed by teammates Jingmey Sherpa (15th), Phoenix David (21st) and Jan Hauser (23rd).
Brandon Hayakawa led the North Tahoe boys with a eighth-place finish in 1:24.86. North Tahoe's Miguel Lara was 31st, followed by Colton Wood (37th), Omar Cerda (44th) and Edgar Delgado (46th).
Nichole Graham was the top-placing Truckee girl, in sixth place with a time of 1:37.46. Truckee's Sophie Maciel was ninth and Sayler McBean 18th. Alora Bourne of Colfax won in 1:29.70.
Next up on the CNISSF schedule is a slalom at Boreal on Monday, Feb. 9.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee man accused of raping teen
- Coming soon: a theater near you – Truckee Art Haus on track for downtown
- Rally for Rasta Stevie: Tahoe community comes together to support self-described ski bum, emcee
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Truckee Donner Land Trust awarded more than $750,000 for forest health work