Cody Martin ‘doubtful’ for Nevada Wolf Pack game against Boise State
January 19, 2018
RENO — Cody Martin’s status for Saturday’s game against second-place Boise State remains up in the air.
The top two teams in the Mountain West meet Saturday, Jan. 20, at 7 p.m. at Lawlor Events Center. Nevada enters with a 6-0 record in conference play, and Boise State is a half game back at 6-1.
Martin, who suffered an achilles strain on Saturday against Utah State, didn’t play in Wednesday’s 71-54 win at San Jose State. He took part in warmup before the game, but never went in.
“We felt after he warmed up (Wednesday) that he would be able to start. We were going to pull him out at the first media (timeout) and then play five or six minutes later in the half. We were going to keep him around 20 minutes. He felt bad.”
Musselman said Caleb Martin would get the defensive assignment his twin brother would’ve gotten on Saturday.
Trending In: Sports
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- Sun Snapshots: Northstar ice rink covered in snow
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- West End Coffee and Tap plans moving forward in Truckee
- Law Review: Supreme Court ruling on eviction after foreclosure