Cross country team runs well at Clovis invite
October 12, 2006
The Truckee High cross country team visited Fresno, Calif., on Saturday for the 28th annual Clovis Invitational at Woodward Park. The meet had a field of more than 3,500 participants, including some of the nation’s top-rated runners.
On the girls side, senior Kelsey Waters led the team with a time of 22:44 in the 5,000-meter race. Finishing closely behind her was junior Kelsey Dion in 23:20 and sophomore Gina Krauss in 24:54.
Truckee’s boys team had a spectacular race, taking 10th out of 26 schools. The Wolverines were led by sophomore Micah Silver, who took 15th by running a personal-record time of 16:52, averaging 5 minutes and 25 seconds for 3.1 miles.
Senior Spencer Wood ran a respectable 17:24 for 42nd place out of 200 runners.
“We’re starting to make some progress,” said Truckee coach Robby McClendon.
“The boys have a very good shot at the state title this year. We just need to get our time spread between our first and fifth runners down to one minute.”
Recommended Stories For You
Truckee’s next race is Friday at Lowry. After that, the Wolverines will head down to Southern California on Oct. 20 for the Mt. SAC Invitational, which is billed as the world’s largest cross-country race.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee man accused of raping teen
- Coming soon: a theater near you – Truckee Art Haus on track for downtown
- Rally for Rasta Stevie: Tahoe community comes together to support self-described ski bum, emcee
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Truckee Donner Land Trust awarded more than $750,000 for forest health work