Derby whoppers pulled from Tahoe
June 5, 2014
Another Jake's Charity Fishing Derby is in the books.
On a sunny Memorial Day holiday, Bob Reynolds, Tom Griffin and Matt Correa hauled in the largest brown trout, Mackinaw and rainbow trout, respectively, in Jake's 21st Annual Mike Kise Memorial Charity Fishing Derby — named in honor of longtime Jake's on the Lake manager and derby co-founder Mike Kise.
Reynolds and Griffin both were awarded $1,000 for their winning catches, while Correa received $250. Reynolds' winning brown weighed in at 4.82 pounds, Griffin's Mackinaw weighed 13.31 pounds and Correa's rainbow was 4.38 pounds.
Proceeds from the annual derby benefited the North Tahoe Booster Club.
Trending In: Sports
- Squaw Valley’s Cashman picks up Nor-Am win at Snow King
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Eastern U.S. snowboard company lands at Squaw Valley as part of wild ride through country
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Truckee man in good health after near-fatal ski accident in Russia